A pergola is a type of outdoor structure made from columns that support a roof. A modern pergola is essentially a pergola with a louvered roof. This type of roof is built using horizontal slats made of extruded aluminum. The slats are capable of opening and closing so you can control the angle and adjust for inclement weather, sun, and shade. You have the freedom to customize your pergola at any time, to suit any need. Simply adjust the motorized roof with the touch of a button. This allows you to use your outdoor space for relaxation or entertaining more often, even when faced with harsh sun, wind, or rain.
What Is the Purpose of a Modern Pergola?
Pergolas have become a popular trend for good reason. They are stylish and functional, giving you the opportunity to upgrade your backyard with an eye-catching structure designed to provide shade and protection from the elements. A modern pergola is different than a pavilion because it doesn’t block out the sun completely. Instead, the roof slats remain open to allow air to circulate freely unless you decide to close them.
Many people choose to make an aesthetic statement with a pergola, incorporating plants or climbing vines. They are also a great way to divide your yard space and set aside an area for entertaining. Pergolas are amazing places to host outdoor dinners or parties with a touch of luxury. They can extend your existing outdoor living area, or replace a patio or deck.
Advantages of a Modern Pergola
Modern pergolas give you control of your space so you can enjoy spending more time outside no matter the time of year. The main benefits of choosing a louvered roof include:
- Sun protection: Sitting outside and soaking up the heat from direct sunlight is often an amazing way to relax. When the sun starts to get a little too hot, you may want to limit your exposure without having to retreat indoors. A modern pergola is a perfect solution that allows you to adjust the roof to let in the amount of sunlight and heat you desire.
- Shade: Place your pergola anywhere outdoors, knowing you have full control to block the sun and enjoy more shade in any location.
- Shelter: Modern pergolas are durable and provide shelter from the rain, wind, and even snow. Don’t limit your time outside. A modern pergola with a louvered roof system lets you enjoy your outdoor space in any climate or sudden change in the weather. The design includes a gutter system to direct water flow and keep the roof waterproof.
- Customization: Choose the size of your louvered roof. They can be made to your specified dimensions to fit any location you have in mind. You can even choose accessories like lighting, screens, and heating to further customize your pergola.
- Longevity: When purchased from Sundance Louvered Roofs which uses high-quality and long-lasting materials, you’re able to enjoy your modern pergola for decades.
Along with the above advantages, you get a custom remote control with your modern pergola to quickly, easily, and quietly adjust your louvered roof.
Types of Pergolas to Upgrade
There are a number of materials to choose from when selecting the perfect pergola for your space. Each of these types of pergolas is even better by upgrading the slats with a louvered roof system.
Wood is a classic material that gives a warm, rustic feel to your yard. The natural material matches nearly any décor, making it extremely versatile. Stain and paint colors may fade with time, and weather can damage wood, so regular maintenance is required to keep a wooden pergola looking beautiful. Upgrading a wood pergola with a louvered roof is easy and enhances its appearance and functionality.
Cellular PVC is a good alternative to wood and is reinforced with aluminum. This material is resistant to termites and moisture, making it more suitable to withstand all kinds of weather. Cellular PVC can be finished to look like wood grain, so you get the benefits of a wooden aesthetic with less maintenance. A louvered roof is equally resistant to termites and moisture and may even outlast the Cellular PVC frame.
Vinyl is a wonderful material if you want something that looks classy but requires minimal upkeep. This material can last a lifetime as long as you keep it free from dirt and mold. A thorough power wash each year is generally enough to keep it looking great. Another benefit of vinyl is the price tag. This type of pergola is easy on the budget, however, it doesn’t offer the strength of a wooden structure. Depending on the strength of the frame and the climate in your area, a motorized lovered roof may be an optional upgrade that would add value to the pergola. However, reinforcements would be required.
Metal pergolas typically require little maintenance and last a long time. The downside is that they can be more expensive than other types but that’s because they are stronger to withstand heavy loads (such as snow) and last longer than any other pergola material. Aluminum is a popular metal since it is both lightweight and resistant to rust. A metal pergola is the recommended material for a louvered roof.
Get Greater Enjoyment From the Outdoors With a Modern Pergola
Make the most out of your outdoor space by upgrading to a modern pergola. At Sundance Louvered Roofs, we have 13 years of experience in providing our customers with the best motorized smart pergolas for both residential and commercial spaces. Every system we install is engineered to withstand any type of climate while providing an elegant outdoor getaway. Now is the ideal time to have a pergola installed so you are ready for the upcoming spring and summer.
Request Your Free Estimate Today!